Release Date 15th July 2017
First Strike is the ideal first purchase to those new to the Warhammer 40,000 hobby – an exciting fusion of collecting, painting and playing with highly detailed Citadel miniatures. The box is packed with everything needed to begin your hobby journey – 2 sets of miniatures to battle with, and a double-sided gaming mat, a scenery piece, a book of rules and all the extras you need to play:
15 easy to build push-fit (no glue required!) miniatures in blue and green coloured plastic, representing the heroic Ultramarines and putrescent Death Guard:
- 3 Primaris Intercessors – clad in Mk X power armour, they are each armed with a bolt rifle and carry grenades. 1 model is a Sergeant, who leads the unit – he has a holstered pistol and is easily identified by his bare, unhelmed head;
- 3 Primaris Reivers – again clad in Mk X power armour, these Space Marines carry heavy bolt pistols and combat blades – they distinguished by the sinister skull motif on their helmets, with the Sergeant featuring a half-skull faceplate.
- 3 Plague Marines – each festering and bursting out of their armour due to the malign corruption of the Plague God Nurgle. 1 wields a boltgun, 1 is armed with a blight launcher and 1 – the Champion, who leads the unit – has a plasma gun, power fist and plague knife;
- 6 Poxwalkers – these are the cursed victims of the plagues, transformed into living weapons. Each is armed with an improvised close combat weapon, with hammers, chains, planks of wood and metal pipes with nails in represented.
Everything you need to learn to play with your new miniatures is included in the box:
- a 24-page booklet containing the core rules for playing Warhammer 40,000, with each phase of the game explained in a clear, easy to follow manner from the initial setup to one side’s victory;
- a 56-page book that guides you through the background, history and current state of the Warhammer 40,000 galaxy, with introductions to the Primaris Space Marines and Death Guard, as well as 9 other armies. It features step-by-step guides to painting your miniatures, with guides to the paints and brushes you need, along with a showcase of beautifully-painted miniatures to inspire your hobby journey. It also includes explanations of the different ways to play Warhammer 40,000, along with training missions that gradually introduce the core concepts to the total beginner;
- a 2’ x 2’ double-sided gaming mat – one side is specially designed with icons showing you where to place miniatures in order to play the training missions, and the other has no markings, so you can play your own games. Each side is printed in full colour with an evocative design of a ruined Imperial city;
- a scenery piece! The inside tray of the box is designed to look like a set of armoured containers, meaning it can be placed on your mat as a piece of scenery for your miniatures to battle over;
- datasheets for the miniatures in the box – these are handy cards with the information on movement and weapons for each model printed on, meaning less flipping through books for information and more actual gaming;
- 6 6-sided dice, and a 6” translucent measuring ruler, each vitally important for games;
- a decal sheet for your Ultramarines, featuring army and troop iconography;
- 9 32mm and 6 40mm round plastic bases for your miniatures to stand upon.
We will endeavour to despatch your package within 24 hours although at peak times this may take slightly longer.
Please bear in mind the couriers delivery Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm (0800 - 1800 hours) except for holidays. We do not directly control the couriers and we cannot obtain a specific delivery time from them. Delivery may be delayed by extreme weather and events and again is out of our control.
Cost of Delivery
The cost of delivery will be added to your order total. You can select your preferred method of delivery from the options displayed at the checkout. Please select the correct option for your country to ensure that your order is not delayed. We reserve the right to adjust shipping methods and costs but this is usually done in your favour and you will be informed by email.
In addition to this, if our courier cannot deliver goods to a premises and the goods are returned to EZ Distribution then the customer will be charged for the delivery back to EZ Distribution and then charged for a second delivery.
All deliveries must be checked by the receiver (customer) BEFORE signing for them. If the package is damaged in anyway either refuse to accept delivery or ask the delivery person to check the contents with you. You should only sign for the goods if you are satisfied. In any other circumstances, please sign the package receipt as "not checked". If a customer fails to follow this and a package is signed for as received in good condition. We may find it difficult (or impossible) to claim compensation in this case.
Standard shipping 24 hour via UPS. (Max 30kg for non RIF purchases, 10kg max for RIF purchases.)
Northern Ireland, Inverness, Highlands & Islands may incur an extra charge for delivery.
Near EU Shipping (up to 20kg) ?15 - Applies to Belguim, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands
Far EU Shipping (up to 20kg) ?20 - Applies to Andorra, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the legality of importation into their own country. EZ Distribution can not accept any responsibility whatsoever if the goods ordered are seized by Customs officials or airport authorities in ours or any other country. If goods are seized, destroyed, damaged through inspection or confiscated in any instance, we accept no responsibility and will offer no form of refund or credit. If the goods are returned to us by the seizing authority, we will refund your payment for the goods (not the shipping cost) less any fines or charges imposed by that authority for the handling and return of said goods. We will issue the refund only WHEN the goods are received and checked by ourselves.
Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. We are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
PayPal protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the merchant. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction.